It’s been a long time since I’ve put a new version of TiVo2Podcast out there for people to play with.Â I’ve made a lot of changes and tightened things up alot.Â There’s still a lot of things I want to do but haven’t gotten to, but I did finally put up a public git repository in case others wanted to join in the fun.
The major changes in this release:
- Commercials are detected and chapters are added around them.
- Added “clean up” functionality so that you can deleted unneeded files and the database and rss feeds can reflect that.
- Increased the wait time for locating the tivo from 2 seconds to 5.
- Fixed problem created by quotes in the show description.
- Attempt to avoid re-encoding dupes by checking the program id.
- Lost of behind the scenes refactoring.
The first item I consider a major enhancement, so I put it in italics.Â To make that work, you’ll need to get wine, comskip, and build a helper app.Â The documentation is in the hastily wrote README. (A reminder, this is intended for PERSONAL USE ONLY, do not set up podcast feeds and violate the ethics (and also the laws) of copyright left and right.)
As always, this has run daily for months and months on linux. It should work on other UNIXes just fine. On Windows, I have no idea.